Welcome to the 2021-2022 speed skating season!
Please be aware that provincial health restrictions concerning indoor recreational facilities are in force and that we are required, as a club, to ensure compliance with the following protocols.
- All ADULTS entering the arena will need to provide proof of full COVID vaccination each time they enter. (See below for details.)
- Masks are to be worn at all times in City of Winnipeg arena facilities by spectators, coaches, and participants. Mask wearing exception is granted for participants engaged in physical activity on the ice surface only.
- All patrons to the facility are required to self-screen before entering the facility, and do not enter if feeling unwell.
- QR Code contact tracing tools are posted and encouraged at the entrance of all indoor arenas.
- Arena capacity and spectator seating are limited to 50% to ensure proper physical distancing guidelines are being followed for members of the public not engaged in sporting or recreational activity.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available at each entrance.
- Do not arrive more than 20 minutes before the beginning of practice, or stay longer than 30 minutes after the practice ends.
- Social distancing is mandatory during change room access. Capacity will be limited.
- Please adhere to all barriers posted, and do not move them.
- Bring your own water; limited use of water fountains will be available.
- No spitting or dryland training.
- Arena staff will be following handwashing protocols and disinfecting surfaces throughout the day and between reservations as time allows.
Specific points on COIVID vaccination
- The City of Winnipeg has mandated that “Every User entering a facility must provide proof of vaccination, including participants, spectators, coaches etc., each time they enter the facility”.
- Those under 18 are not required to show proof of immunization if they are participating in an indoor sporting or recreation activity.
- To verify vaccination status, you must provide valid proof of COVID-19 immunization (see https://manitoba.ca/covid19/vaccine/immunizationrecord/index.html for details) and one form of government issued photo ID. A member of our club will check at the arena entrance prior to each practice.
- We are not allowed to retain a record of vaccination status or to make any exceptions to entry scans. We do not want to lose our ice permit due to non-compliance with these protocols, so for the time being we will need to check your proof of vaccination status every time you enter the arena. Thank you for your understanding.
Our main goal is to ensure that everyone feels safe. Please let us know at any time if you have any concerns.